Friday, February 7, 2014

VCU v UoR Game


I love sports, watching and playing them. I recently attended a sporting event for one of my “beyond class” events. On February first at eleven in the morning (yes that is really early for a basketball game), I attended the Bank of America Capitol City Classic. If you do not know what that is, it is the Virginia Commonwealth University game against the University of Richmond that takes place at the Segal Center.  U of R and VCU are extreme rivals. U of R thinks that they are the school of Richmond when in reality, they are not. The game was a black out game, so everyone in the audience got a free black VCU shirt to wear during the game. It was never a really close game, but the intensity kept everyone’s heart racing. There were only like 10 University of Richmond fans, which was how it should be because Havoc runs Richmond. It was a great game and definitely fun to watch. By the end of the game, both teams had over 10 fouls. But VCU still dominated the game and took the win. The end score was eighty-one to seventy, VCU. I love attending VCU games and this one will definitely not be the last one that I attend. I love the atmosphere that surrounds these games and this one was one that no one should have missed out on.  

1 comment:

  1. Maybe we should go to a basketball game together because I have been dying to go. I love the rush from all the people. I think it is really cool when the crowd comes together for something like a black out. I am really happy VCU won. When I think of Richmond, VCU is the school that comes to mind.

    ReplyDelete