Sunday, February 16, 2014

A Night at the Ballet



Beyond Class Event #2:


I attended Cinderella at the Carpenter Theater on February 15th. It was done by the Richmond Ballet. It was a surprise for me from my boyfriend.  I do not celebrate Valentine’s Day because I think it is dumb and I have always hated it even though I have had a “valentine” for three years now. So he always does things for me a day or so after. He is the sweetest. But always, the ballet was great! I cannot dance to save my life so I enjoy watching people who actually can dance and do it gracefully. It was a beautiful production. As I said before, it was a ballet of the well-known story of Cinderella. It was pretty close to Disney’s rendition of Cinderella but there were some random things in the ballet version that I do not recall in the movie. One thing that stood out the most was that one of Cinderella’s step sisters was a dude. Yes, it was a guy dressed as a girl. At first, I was just like “wow she has huge arm muscles and broad shoulders!” But then I looked at the cast list and one of the names was Matthew. It may seem weird, but I think one of the sisters being a guy actually made their part because of how well he performed it. All of the guys wearing tights kind of freaked me out because it looked like they were painted on and you could see every crevice and muscle. Yet, it was very enjoyable. All of the dancers looked beautiful and looked like they had legs for days. I could only wish that I was that graceful.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, that is so sweet! It would be funny to see a guy dressed as a girl dancing around! I wish I was that graceful too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my boyfriend would so cute surprises like that. I love going to plays and ballets like this! Seeing guys that can dance better than me makes me so depressed about not having rhythm. Also congrats to you for already being done on your outside class activities.

    ReplyDelete